Counselor's Corner


Our staff strives to make each year a success for all students. As the Elementary Counselor, I realize problems and challenges face each of us. My job is to help deal with these problems so each student can learn and enjoy life. If I can help your child or your family, please call 278-5333.


All A Buzz About You,

We are launching a new Student(s) of the Week program.  We will have two students per week as “Student(s) of the Week”.  We are trying to encourage more positive behavior in the classroom, halls, lunchroom and playground.   Two students will to be picked based on their positive behavior, positive act(s), etc.  Students will receive certificates on Fridays from a local Bee.  They will also get their name announced during Friday morning announcements and have lunch with Mr. Pilgrim or one of our other outstanding high school students.  We are hoping to have a positive buzz about every student, at least once during this school year.  These acts do not have to be big things it can be little things.  This is a way to help build more positive behavior in the school and interaction with each other.

 We know it was nice to have lunch with your child when they are Student of the Week; however many students last year did not have a parent(s)or guardian that could attend and this took away from the honor of being chosen. 

Parental Rights in New Plymouth School District

The district would like to notify you of your rights as a parent. Federal law requires that each school district receiving Title 1 funds notify parents of each student attending any school receiving these funds that information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teacher (s) may be requested.

You have the right to know:
* Is my child’s teacher licensed to teach the grades and subject(s) assigned?
* Is my child’s teacher teaching with a provisional license, meaning the state has waived requirements for my child’s teacher?
* What is the college major of my child’s teacher?
* What degree or degrees does my child’s teacher hold?
* If there are instructional aides working with my child, what are their qualifications?
* If my child is or will be taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks this year by a teacher who is not highly qualified, will I be notified in a timely manner?

To request the state qualifications for your child’s teacher or instructional aide, please contact Kevin Barker at 278-5740.

If you would like more information on any school in the district, please call the building principal.
* New Plymouth Elementary School - call Mr. King at 278-5333
* New Plymouth Middle School - call Mr. Hally at 278-5788
* New Plymouth High School - call Mr. Edmunson at 278-5311


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.